Answers to Movie 1 Questions
1) Lake Texcoco
2) They structures stood as a tribute to the gods and a testement to the power of human
3) Five Aztec noble men lead her to an ancient temple for a "ceremony". But, instead,
they sacrifice her to the gods by stabbing her in the chest and pulling her heart out. The King is outraged by this and
attacks the Aztecs, but Aztecs get away.
4) Most sacrifices would be performed on stone pyramids. They would use a knife, cut
into chest, and pull out the still beating heart.
5) The reason for this was that they thought that the sun would seize to rise and the
universe would die.
6) Home of the gods and rise of the Sun.
7) The Aztecs used pillings, which were hammered deep into the ground, to hold up the
builds. They used volcanic stones to add strength. They also used causeways to help people get to the